HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Just got my 02 zx12r NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
MadMike

FEAR THE BLACK FLAG!!!!!!!!
posted December 01, 2006 11:26 AM        
a few years ago, ran down there 4-5 times... I used to run the Interstate Batteries Bike... ZX12...

Ignore this member    Click here to visit MadMike's homepage. 
Stuart Racing

Zone Head
N.H.R.A . Dragracing.
posted December 01, 2006 03:06 PM        
AAAH, Ya I remember that bike....What did it run?Did ya have fun on it??Cool....

Ignore this member   
MadMike

posted December 01, 2006 03:31 PM        
9.18@152 was my best pass on it... many many 9.20's...always 149+ range, all motor 1361...

MadMike

posted December 01, 2006 03:33 PM        
here is a video that Bergie did...
http://dontbescaredracing.com/video/prostar1103/mm3_prostar1.wmv

MAXIMUS

Needs a job
posted December 01, 2006 03:43 PM        
Nice ride paul have fun.
  Ignore this member   
Stuart Racing

Zone Head
N.H.R.A . Dragracing.
posted December 01, 2006 06:50 PM        
Thanks Max...,It WILL only get better...........Hows your bike...???
I just called Muzzys up to find out about the lockup I got with the bike....Really only good for drag strip only..
Paul........

Ignore this member   
12r1

Expert Class
posted December 02, 2006 08:59 AM        
Gotta love those gentlemen, at the end of the vid LOL
  Ignore this member   
MadMike

posted December 02, 2006 12:47 PM        
LOL... yea, I have a race that the camera was actually on the side of the bike. and the guy I was racing was running a 14 something... it is a very cool video... Bergie is going to post it one of these days...

MM

Stuart Racing

Zone Head
N.H.R.A . Dragracing.
posted December 02, 2006 01:31 PM        
Excellant race video....Who one...I couldn't make it out....I saw you ran pretty much right on your dial in...Good leave...Nice lookin bike Mike....
Paul.........

Ignore this member   
Stuart Racing

Zone Head
N.H.R.A . Dragracing.
posted December 03, 2006 06:54 PM        
After putting about a 1000 miles on this bike so far..I've found out it needs a new clutch...and heavy springs...Clutch starts slipping at or about 9000 rpm's.. Just when she really wants to rip on top...I didn't/haven't driven through it...I get out of it before then....Not knowing the condition of the clutch when I bought it ,I just figured I'd put all new in there...(Already has the Muzzy Clutch upgrades,basket,ect.ect. ect.)..
Let me know if there's anything else I need to look at while I'm in there...
Thanks,
Paul....

Ignore this member   
MAXIMUS

Needs a job
posted December 04, 2006 07:18 AM        
quote:
Thanks Max...,It WILL only get better...........Hows your bike...???
I just called Muzzys up to find out about the lockup I got with the bike....Really only good for drag strip only..
Paul........

got mine all together, just bought some new leathers from the winter sale, gearing for next summer. have fun

Ignore this member   
Toker

Parking Attendant
posted December 22, 2006 05:31 AM        
hi all new to forum i hav had my zx12r 2002 for 2 yrs now power commander rs3 yoshi full system stainless razer discs all round hugger and undertray had to take a tooth off front sprocket to foul rev limitor mapping being a bit of a bitch slugish under 1000rpm but goes like the wind 183hp on dyno anyone got any fresh maps i could try would be a god send thx Toker
  Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted December 22, 2006 06:24 PM        
quote:
Gotta love those gentlemen, at the end of the vid LOL

Heh heh.................+1

Good video and great pass Mike....................

Ignore this member   
entropy

posted December 23, 2006 01:34 AM        
quote:
...had to take a tooth off front sprocket to fool rev limitor...

Toker,
Welcome!

do you mean ADD a tooth??? (go from 18 to 19)

Ignore this member   
keith

Expert Class
posted December 24, 2006 08:27 AM        
Hi guys - still running my 00 12 now and then on the strip. Lost my 1270 motor by throwing one of the stock rods thru the front of the cases which also took out the cylinder and head. Rebuilt the bike with a stock motor (16k miles) plus Carillos and 13:1 JE pistons and 50 hp gas dry kit. Took the bike to Santa Pod and went 9.31/152 second run with the gas. The 60' was so bad I can't bring myself to post it! I was one month off my 70th birthday on that run. Still be running next season but have to have a full medical to get my racing licence for 2007. Keith Parnell
  Ignore this member   
entropy

posted December 24, 2006 08:45 AM        
Keith,
70 YO?????

Whoa!
way to GO!!!

Ignore this member   
keith

Expert Class
posted December 24, 2006 10:39 AM        
Upping the gas a bit for next year in a bid to get back in the eights where I was at in 1975! Got to hit those 60 fts too! Merry Christmas everyone. Keith
  Ignore this member   
Stuart Racing

Zone Head
N.H.R.A . Dragracing.
posted December 24, 2006 04:46 PM        
Hey Keith ....Keep up the good work....Hope I'm still hittin it hard a 70.....Glad you got her back together....Lockup or no lockup....???
Paul.......

Ignore this member   
keith

Expert Class
posted December 25, 2006 04:12 AM        
Yes I've got the Muzzy single stage lockup - mainly because I do flyers too and don't want any clutch slip. I have run 204 mph timed with the 1270 but no gas. Going to try gas on the 1199 motor next year but only hitting it when I see the boards. HOWEVER I did have problems breaking pullers and puller operating rods when I first put the lockup on so a couple of years ago we made a hydraulic lifter and used a ZX11 master cylinder. Since then I haven't worn out a set of fibres and no breakages. The slave cylinder is mounted in the clutch cover with an extended puller which pulls straight outwards to lift the clutch. It was a difficult job and my mate Mick who made it wouldn't want to do another. Too many compound angles on the clutch cover. I'm interested in the lockup settings for the quarter, haven't tried adjusting mine, just dump the clutch and ride the wheel! Keith
  Ignore this member   
Stuart Racing

Zone Head
N.H.R.A . Dragracing.
posted December 25, 2006 03:25 PM        
Ya ,I've got the Muzzy lockup that came with my bike....Not installing it because I ride alot on the street and heard it's not so friendly to pull the clutch lever in over 30 mph and above...Could be a saftey problem on the street.....I haven't tried mine on the 1/4 mile track yet,but I got ALOT of info from looking through the PAST threads from the other members on this site.....Some good stuff....THANKS.........
Paul..........

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Just got my 02 zx12r NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.38141894340515 seconds processing time