HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: stock 05 zx12r dyno results NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Texas12R

Zone Head
posted November 01, 2006 10:53 AM        
stock 05 zx12r dyno results

I just got home,but I dont know how to post the actual print out of the figures.
the max hp was 157.31 and fairly staight from 10k to 11.5k rpm
max torque 88.62 also fairly straight from 7k to 9k rpm
and my main focus ...a/f ratio looks like a one size fits all....but not so wild that
it is notoriously lean anywhere.
This was done on a dynojet research machine and they have the ideal base for
a/f ratio at 13 just for reference....or that is what it appears to be
so at a glance it looks like the factory map is not all that bad....But
it can be improved upon!....I plan on installing the pc3usb with a dynojet map
for the full muzzy. I will give those #s when I do that pull.....
I dont know if this about average for a stock 05....maybe someone else
will post some #s...Michael

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted November 01, 2006 11:04 AM        
That is fine in SAE HP. I started out with 153 and ended up with 183 SAE without ever laying a wrench to the inside of my engine.
  Ignore this member   
supra5677

Pro
posted November 01, 2006 12:29 PM        
I got 7 more rwhp when switch from the dealer installed muzzy to the Akrapovic. Your baseline numbers SAE are very good. The average is 153 to 154. Why don't you try the bmc race filter instead of a K&N if your considering filters. As far as pipes I'm not trying to bash Muzzy but after custom mapping of both pipes the Akra performed much better for me.
I think that the Brock Hindle systems are probably a little better also.. I think Brock had an open challenge to Muzzy on a previous post but not sure. Bottom line when you finish you should get guaranteed 20 more rwhp.

supra

Ignore this member     
Texas12R

Zone Head
posted November 02, 2006 04:58 AM        
Thanks for the input ! I will do some checking into the akra and the filters....maybe some
stacks and seal the airbox.....or I think ive read that it would be of some benefit down the road...Mr hill runs the brocks pipe..I think Buddy does too

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted November 02, 2006 05:08 AM        
Understand that there are some differences between the Brock and Hindle (Even though made by the same people. Brock's Design smooths the Midrange hole a little better than the Regular Step Hindle at the slight expense of Peak power. SO for Drag Racing the Brock is better for Bonneville the Hindle is Better and it is close to a wash at Maxton. So for Street and some race the Brock is better If you like Dyno Numbers the Hindle is better. The BMC Race Filters are worth the money and when you have nothing left to do "THEN" look at Velocity Stacks

Ignore this member   
Texas12R

Zone Head
posted November 02, 2006 07:25 AM        
Mr Hill..how did YOU get from your 153 base to 183. Im sure your other readers know but I would appreciate the run down..Im only using the dyno as a control...the seat of my pants
method varies from day to day...some days my bike reminds me of an ignorant woman..
I take her out on the town and just a little to much input from me and she shows her ass
.......Ive been up too many hours....damn swing shift

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted November 02, 2006 08:26 AM        
PC3
BMC Race
Crank Case Vacuum Mod
Bear Short Stacks
Winter time Chevron Fuel
Motul 10 w 40 E-Tech 100

All of these things gave me about 12 - 14 HP

Step tube Hindle Race with 2.25 Muffler have me the rest

Never laid a Glove on the engine even to adjust the valves!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: stock 05 zx12r dyno results NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20608806610107 seconds processing time