HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Anyone tried HMF full system NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
DrRyanScarsella

Expert Class
posted October 31, 2006 08:09 AM        
Anyone tried HMF full system

I am sold on the factthat I need a new exhaust after Maxton, Vincent convinced me by the way. Shiph sent me a link to a hmf on ebay. Has anyone tried these and can give me some advice, the price is right, but I may go turbo this winter I will decide tonight after a call I am making to see what kind of total cost will be incurred overall.
I could use some advice on this exhaust on quality and results.
Thanks to all in advance.

Ignore this member   
Red1

Expert Class
posted October 31, 2006 08:41 AM        Edited By: Red1 on 31 Oct 2006 08:41
Dr,

I have a HMF full system on my 2000 ZX12R. The HMF was developed specifically for the 12 and I have been extremely pleased with mine. I got the black powder coated pipe. I didn't want to use the PCIII ... I'm still leary of the reported problems. I checked with a few others on the board and they had installed the HMF without a PCIII and no problems. This has been my experience as well. I like the sound and I don't have any flat spots. Now that Brock's SMEG is out I would probably buy it instead but I have no complaints with my HMF. Fit, Finsh, Sound, Durability etc.

Good Luck on what ever you decide.

Ignore this member   
shane661

Needs a life
posted October 31, 2006 02:44 PM        
You can get a used Muzzy real cheap. They run like crap under 3k rpm...but make good power up top (apparently).
  Ignore this member   
supra5677

Pro
posted October 31, 2006 02:55 PM        
I have the akrapovic it is real good.. Brock street meg I heard is good also. Heard good things about the HMF
  Ignore this member     
Megabyte

Pro
posted October 31, 2006 04:25 PM        
I have a full akra also, and am very satisfied with it. for what it's worth, my local mechanic who tunes motors coming from Oregon to Canada says "Nothing makes more than an Akrapovic." He has 100's of documented runs to prove it. I even asked him if the step 3 made more power, and he said "No."

Ignore this member   
harryzx-12

Needs a job
posted October 31, 2006 05:52 PM        
I have a hmf big bird on my busa in england. It's a good pipe but it sure is loud. I have the akropovic system on one 12 and a brock step tube on one of the others. I use to have a muzzy carbon system but sold it. I still have a muzzy sidewinder on one of my other 12's. i like the brock the best but the akro is a close second in my opinion. I have ridden with all these different pipes. I don't know about the hmf except it is very similiar to the akro but a little louder ( for the 12)
i don't think i met you at maxton did I ?.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways- Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out...Screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride !!!"

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted October 31, 2006 06:03 PM        
Harry I think you did meet him.

Silver 12 was a 1427 n/a

Warp 12 aka Shane was on the black/gold 2002 muzzy with gold aftermarket wheels

I remember your A model but I think there were 2 different riders from Sat to Sunday

DocRyan is on the 2005 black 12, yosh shorty pipe and yellow/gold wheels

I was on the red 00 with white airtech front upper and muzzy pipe.

A.

Ignore this member   
harryzx-12

Needs a job
posted November 01, 2006 04:43 AM        
I remember you ship you were about as big as one of my legs! I use to weigh 135lbs believe it or not. You were flying this weekend. My friend warren was using my bike to do his liscensing runs. I just rode it one time on sunday (my 12). I do remember the bike with the shorty yosh and yellow wheels.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways- Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out...Screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride !!!"

Ignore this member   
drryanscarsella

Expert Class
posted November 01, 2006 05:08 AM        
That was me. I am looking at a full system and deciding the winter mods this week. I may have to go with the hmf I like loud pipes, hell mines gutted about like a strait pipe. I may buy it today, not reluctantly though I think it will be a welcome addition. I was going to look for a stepped hindle but dont see those for sale much. Harry I remember your bike. I was in red and white leathers that were scuffed as hell from road racing.
  Ignore this member   
kingKwik

Expert Class
9.36@ 149.23
posted November 01, 2006 08:31 AM        
Exhaust

with that said,,,, does anyone have a full system for sale.. I HAVE A 04 12

Ignore this member   
krexken

Zone Head
posted November 01, 2006 01:42 PM        
I had an HMF on my old 12 and I liked it pretty well. Fit and finish were near tops. It's probably a great pipe for a mostly stock motor but if your planning on more ccs and big power, I'd opt something with a bigger midpipe and can. A plain ol Muzzy has a real good design if you can get past the looks and fit. The big Brock or Akra are hard to beat.
  Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted November 01, 2006 01:45 PM        
RYAN, If you looked around at ALL of the Fast Bikes specially the Busa and 12's there was one name on all of the Pipes on those bikes! Why go to Left Field when even I who never wants to do anything like anyone else even had to fall in line on that one? If the HMF was even good, you would have seen it on at least 1 Bike! I have never see one at Maxton!

Either swim UP Stream or down Stream

The Silver 1427 was not Ryans! It was a Older Guy across from me. Ryans bike is not a 14 "IS IT"?? WIth a 40 shot and 1427 CC It sure should go facter than 186!

Ignore this member   
shane661

Needs a life
posted November 01, 2006 01:51 PM        
quote:
RYAN, If you looked around at ALL of the Fast Bikes specially the Busa and 12's there was one name on all of the Pipes on those bikes! Why go to Left Field when even I who never wants to do anything like anyone else even had to fall in line on that one? If the HMF was even good, you would have seen it on at least 1 Bike! I have never see one at Maxton!

Either swim UP Stream or down Stream

The Silver 1427 was not Ryans! It was a Older Guy across from me. Ryans bike is not a 14 "IS IT"?? WIth a 40 shot and 1427 CC It sure should go facter than 186!

Ryan's bike is stock internals. The 1427 is actually owned by someone else...the older guy was just there riding it.

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted November 01, 2006 02:29 PM        
Well then where does the "He had a Silver 1427 come from?
  Ignore this member   
shane661

Needs a life
posted November 01, 2006 02:32 PM        
Who knows? Ryans bike looked like mine from a distance. The silver 12's owner wasn't even at Maxton!!
  Ignore this member   
DrRyanScarsella

Expert Class
posted November 02, 2006 05:47 AM        
Mines not silver, I did like that silver one though, I spoke to that guy a bit. He didnt say it was his but he knew a lot about it. I think he helped build it or something. Nice guy overall, he is supposed to send me some late B model Info. Ill kepp everyone posted if its helpful.
As far as exhaust go, I saw a lot of muzzys at maxton and akra. I didnt see any arata, I think I had the only yosh, saw vinces brock pipe, and I am drawing a blank as to what else.
I was doing a post just to get everyones opinion, ive never even seen an hmf on a streetbike, i though they made dirtbike parts.
WHat kind of pipe was on the 1427?
I am skipping the hmf and going to shop around over the winter, have some ideas in mind.

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted November 02, 2006 08:39 AM        Edited By: VincentHill on 2 Nov 2006 08:41

The last Pic was right by you. You are looking but not seeing!

The Bronz Busa, the Black Guy on a Busa and a lot of other people all had this same pipe. You are not only there to race, but to learn what does and does not work best.

Ignore this member   
supra5677

Pro
posted November 03, 2006 12:51 PM        
dude go with the Akrapovic and call it a day...
  Ignore this member     
shane661

Needs a life
posted November 04, 2006 08:07 AM        Edited By: shane661 on 4 Nov 2006 09:32
The 1427 was sporting a Muzzy..their larger diameter racing exhaust...

Ignore this member   
jessz1

Expert Class
Half the wheels, twice the fun
posted November 06, 2006 05:20 PM        
My 12 had a HMF and I went a 10.01@143 265 pounds suited. Nice pipe for a relatively stock engine.

Ignore this member    Click here to send jessz1 an AIM message. 
zx12dak

Expert Class
posted November 06, 2006 05:40 PM        
Yea Jesse. That HMF worked well on your 12 for sure.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Anyone tried HMF full system NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2181921005249 seconds processing time