HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: ZX-12R Maxton results NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted November 01, 2006 10:52 PM        
Whoa..............I would like to weigh MYSELF on those scales. I could quit my diet then!!!!!! Motorcyclist has the 14 @ 563 wet..............that's a 58lb difference. I don't think a 14 could weigh 505lbs even with aftermarket wheels...........

Of course their weight was full of fuel and yours was with 2 gallons..............I guess that's what............24lbs or so difference? Let's say 25........that puts you at 530 or so full of fuel...............add another 25 or so lbs back on for the stock exhaust............555lbs.............and a few lbs of "stuff" possibly removed ( rear fender, mirrors, etc........) and you would be right there at that 560lb mark stock and full of fuel.................... Makes sense to me!

If I were you I would be getting some nice light wheels! Wow would that make a difference too.............LOT"S of weight to be lost on the 14 it looks like. I wonder how much weight swft took off his 12R when he was done with it? He went all out...................

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted November 01, 2006 11:04 PM        
quote:
Well, the brocks system drops about 25 lbs...I think that puts the bike around 530?

Stock exhaust is 37 lbs!

Wow........with some wheels and a light fuel load you guys could be under 500 lbs no sweat........ I never really sat down and did any math till just now.......that makes for one deadly cruise missle right there...................

Ignore this member   
drryanscarsella

Expert Class
posted November 02, 2006 02:04 AM        
I wanted to see a 14 run there. I havent seen too many yet. I bet that lees can get rolling pretty fast hes no slouch on two wheels or four. Also he always knows something that no one realizes or picks up, I bet he could go as fast as brocks first weekend out.
Aftermarket wheels woulod be the shit too, id like a pair. If I could find some for the twelve, Id sell a couple things and make way for some more mph.
I plan on breaking 200 in the spring if I have to chop off a leg to lose weight.....I guess ill have to get a airshifter then.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: ZX-12R Maxton results NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.33463215827942 seconds processing time