HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Latest Dyno Chart 282.55 SAE HP NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted October 27, 2006 08:07 AM        
Latest Dyno Chart 282.55 SAE HP

AT 10,500 RPMS and only 850 Regulated NOS Pressure. The Motor Only number was 163 so it was making about 120 NOS HP. The INJECTORS were the Problem that stopped the bike from running correctly after the NOS Explosion on the Dyno Last month!

Ignore this member   
Texas12R

Zone Head
posted October 27, 2006 08:49 AM        
Im going to always remember this., along with your statement about a broken clock being right two times a day I'm glad that you got the gremlin weeded out,I also know you had a lot of moral support....ya cant keep a fast man down!!!
  Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted October 27, 2006 09:10 AM        
If I could put a Dollar Value on this Board, I would have already retired! I have never met a better group of people anywhere PERIOD. When I have the time I am going to list "EVERYTHING" that caused a problem in the last 2 years!

Ignore this member   
supra5677

Pro
posted October 27, 2006 10:34 AM        
are you considering replacing with the larger 04-05 injectors?
  Ignore this member     
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted October 27, 2006 11:23 AM        
quote:
are you considering replacing with the larger 04-05 injectors?

NO, On Motor, I am only producing 160 to 170 HP SO no way I would need more and after 2 years of dealing with this I am not about to change anything that I now have working!

Short story is in the last few years I do not think I have spent a full Month on the Bike. I had all of the time spent in court and my Mom's death and her estate and then Peggy's mom all took a lot of time

Ignore this member   
GUNNER

Needs a life
posted October 27, 2006 12:13 PM        
quote:
When I have the time I am going to list "EVERYTHING" that caused a problem in the last 2 years!

This could over load the server Vince

Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted October 27, 2006 01:05 PM        
Congrats Vince! Can't wait to hear about your next run!
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
posted October 28, 2006 01:22 AM        
good luck to ya Vince.....we are all pulling for ya....

Ignore this member   
aliveagain

Needs a life
posted October 28, 2006 05:32 AM        
Let the fun begin!

Ignore this member   
Texas12R

Zone Head
posted October 28, 2006 12:56 PM        
Going to the dyno to check your thoughbred....xxx$$$$......Small explosion while performing
above mentioned task.....XXX$.......Sorting out result of small EXPLOSION!!!!......XXX$.....
FINDING cause of all the trouble and sharing with the ENTIRE WORLD!!!!>>>>>>>>>>
PRICELESS!!!!!!!! Having said that I'm going to ask Santa to bring me an autographed
picture of Mr Hill .....From all of the" want to be" guys like me .....THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!

Ignore this member   
01zx12r

Expert Class
posted October 29, 2006 06:12 AM        
Vince, what is your afr at the top of the pull? Remember the bike will go slightly lean off of the dyno and down track Im sure yourself and tuner are aware of this but it can be as much as a point difference depending on conditions. Chris

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted October 30, 2006 02:00 AM        
quote:
Vince, what is your afr at the top of the pull? Remember the bike will go slightly lean off of the dyno and down track Im sure yourself and tuner are aware of this but it can be as much as a point difference depending on conditions. Chris

Now you tell me Read my thread)

Ignore this member   
01zx12r

Expert Class
posted November 02, 2006 01:54 PM        
Oh no

Vince, Im so sorry. Things will hopefully not be hurt to badly.

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted November 02, 2006 10:03 PM        
quote:
Vince, Im so sorry. Things will hopefully not be hurt to badly.

Me TOO!!

And here I thought I have fixed one problem "ME"!! Guess not! I just Wanted to FLY! I sure did for a while and it was FUN! On the DYno, the A/F was about 13.5 (The Lean Spike) which was the lowest I have ever seen and then for the rest of the run about 10.5 to 11 to 1 in that range. I felt that the lean spike could go to 15 to 1 then down to 11 to 11.5 and it would be a great run.

I just did not adjust for the Idiot operating EVERYTHING and throw out the adjustments by upping the NOS Control Pressure and having no mind to turn up the Fuel Pressure. Easy to know what I did wrong and with the cost of doing this I am sure the temptation to ever do this again will be gone!

Ignore this member   
flight003

Parking Attendant
posted November 03, 2006 12:49 AM        
Mr. Hill, check your pm over @ the org.

Ignore this member   
GUNNER

Needs a life
posted November 03, 2006 12:51 AM        
Vince............We've all been guilty of the same thing.. I've blown up more turbo motors than I care to remember.. The temptation to adjust that little screw just a little more never goes away.. THe only way I can keep from doing that is stay away from turbo motors.. It's like being a member of AA... I'm recovering all the time and it will only take 1 drink for me to fall off the wagon..

You're NOT an idiot Vince>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You're just sick that's all

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted November 03, 2006 01:42 AM        
Gunner, The Idiot part is KNOWING Better and having no control over your own body parts. BY now, you would think that I could have done more to control me?? I am hoping that one day I can start to Act my age and slow down to at least where I can keep out of trouble :
  Ignore this member   
GUNNER

Needs a life
posted November 03, 2006 01:55 AM        
Vince...........Sir......You're a sick man We are sick men NOT a bad kind of sickness just a costly kind I'm saying this in the most respectful tone I have.. I respect you Vince in a lot of ways..
  Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted November 03, 2006 05:26 AM        
Hopefully you can learn that the "Sickness" Is Life long and should be avoided at all cost!WHen I was 30 I thought I would be "Normal" (Like a regular Grown up) when I was in my 40's the same in my 40's when I reached my 50's in my 50's I KNEW I would slow down and act like Normal people and now I am starting my 64th year of life as Impatient as ever Driving like a Bat out of Hell0 catching my breath at the stop lights and trying to remember to breath while driving or Riding I hope that when I reach 70!! That MAYBE I will have gained patience and tolorance

I have to because 80 is just too old to be how I am!!

Ignore this member   
Texas12R

Zone Head
posted November 03, 2006 07:02 AM        
I wonder if Buddy would agree with that philosophy
  Ignore this member   
GUNNER

Needs a life
posted November 03, 2006 07:14 AM        
Funny you mention breathing Vince...Back in my Drag racing days I noticed one weekend that I never breath from the time I let the clutch out till the time I dropped anchor... Funny little quirks of life..
  Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted November 03, 2006 10:37 AM        
You know I understand that part! You just do not have TIME to Breath and everything else. Shane found out that counting the gears and watching the tack took 100% Of his mental efforts! Let alone watch where you are going!

Ignore this member   
GUNNER

Needs a life
posted November 03, 2006 02:37 PM        
I think your muscles just tighten up too much to breath... And I agree it does take your attention away slightly.. ALL I really know for sure is I tighten up and don't do it.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Latest Dyno Chart 282.55 SAE HP NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.41090798377991 seconds processing time