HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Pictures of a 190+ MPH WHeelie NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted September 30, 2006 03:38 PM        
Pictures of a 190+ MPH WHeelie

SOmeone just sent these Pictures to me on DIsc and it took a while to bring them down to size to post and keep the quality and see what I am talking about.

Randall is riding it and on the NOS at the time. First Pic is just before the line and the tire is on the ground

This is at the timer and the tire is not on the ground

A closer look! Maybe 2 inches off the Ground!

Ignore this member   
countersteer

Needs a job
Didn't read the owners manual
posted September 30, 2006 06:27 PM        
i was hoping youd be doing a standup @ 190
nice pics, as usual!
that must take some serious power to lift up the front wheel at that speed, unless it was super bumpy...
i like the front half of the 12, the aerodynamics of the rear kind of spoil it for me though.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit countersteer's homepage. 
aliveagain

Needs a life
posted September 30, 2006 06:40 PM        
VH,whats the purpose of riding with his butt off the seat?Is it because he's too big for the bike with the back-half streamline on it?

Ignore this member   
dougmeyer

Needs a job
moderated
posted September 30, 2006 06:45 PM        
Don't tell him Vince- you might have to race him someday.......
  Ignore this member   
countersteer

Needs a job
Didn't read the owners manual
posted September 30, 2006 06:49 PM        Edited By: countersteer on 30 Sep 2006 20:37
so that the riders weight is more centered on the bike- or rather easier to change weight distrubution? i cant tell but it looks like the rider may be focusing weight towards the rear? easier to shift your weight obviously. i dont know if id want to ride that position @ 190mph....

i bet it has something to do with drag and airflow?

no tank cover?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit countersteer's homepage. 
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted October 01, 2006 02:30 AM        
quote:
Don't tell him Vince- you might have to race him someday.......

DM Knows and it has Nothing to do with Weight Distribution! At least DM He is doing what he was told to do!! Head could be down more and where he is it is not really Bumpy (But it soon wil be as he reaches Shut Down)

Ignore this member   
aliveagain

Needs a life
posted October 01, 2006 03:36 AM        
It can't be smoother air flow over the rider as more of the rider is out in the wind now.At 190,I doubt it's for less wheel spin.

Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted October 01, 2006 04:33 AM        Edited By: CrotchRocket on 1 Oct 2006 05:35
AA...Check out the latest edition of sport rider...It has a test on wind tunnels with certain bikes...You will then understand why Randall has his ass off the seat...

Big difference for top speed runs, but in DragRacing I doubt the ass off the seat will bring the results to win, I say it's all the bike and rider...Some duys do it in ProStock Bikes but most dont...

Besides how much of a difference does the ass off the seat really make?...I dont think anyone can measure that for top speed runs!!!

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
Wideout

Expert Class
posted October 01, 2006 12:30 PM        
If it's something that others can benefit from that is safety-related, then I'd opt to share the knowledge. We could use any tips you can provide. I guarantee I'll never be going to Maxton so don't worry about giving yourself a competitive edge against me. If you're not going to share in this forum, please pm me if it is truly something I can benefit from.

Perhaps the way the air rolls off his backside and your fairing? Looks like he's sitting on it.

Thanx.

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted October 02, 2006 03:57 AM        
It is not safety Related otherwise everyone would already know. It is Aero Related

Ignore this member   
TRNorBRN6001

Needs a job
posted October 02, 2006 06:06 AM        
That front tire is just not right!!!!!!!!! If I ever saw a picture like that when I was at speed I would probably stop going to the mile!!!!! Good thing there is not a heavy cross wind!!!! This might have occured down here in Texas when Rustman was going through the traps 200+ with a good lean to compensated for the wind and then when he shut it down the front tire came back down and scrubbed out.

Ignore this member   
TRNorBRN6001

Needs a job
posted October 02, 2006 06:24 AM        
That front nose might be a good place to slip that second battery like the busa guys do when they cut thier rails or use an extra battery. Just don't mount it too low or it might hit the fender/tire on hard braking.

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted October 02, 2006 06:15 PM        
quote:
That front nose might be a good place to slip that second battery like the busa guys do when they cut thier rails or use an extra battery. Just don't mount it too low or it might hit the fender/tire on hard braking.

Already filled with the Data Acquisition pieces! Scary to me also! Randall never felt a thing! You might be right about What happened to the RUstman!

Ignore this member   
eric_the_jew

Expert Class
posted November 03, 2006 08:24 PM        
It has to do with boundary layer separation. (google it)

You want (in this case) a smooth transition between the rider's torso and the lines of the rear cowling on Vince's bike. Nothing really top secret like everyone is playing it out to be :P

Ignore this member   
aliveagain

Needs a life
posted November 04, 2006 09:03 AM        
some greek writing-
http://www.ma.man.ac.uk/~ruban/blsep.html

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Pictures of a 190+ MPH WHeelie NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.231290102005 seconds processing time