HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Riding in the sky NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
zx11_12

Expert Class
posted July 14, 2006 04:02 PM        
Riding in the sky

I'm out in Colorado at a rally this week. Today we rode up Mt Evans. It is the highest paved road in North America at 14, 260 ft. elevation. The road winds back and forth for 14 miles up the mountain with no gaudrails anywhere. In some places the edge of the pavement is litterally the edge of a drop off of thousands of feet. The temperature in Denver was 100 degrees today, but at the top of the mountain, it was 52 degrees.
Here are a couple of pics from the ride.

BTW, I rode my '79 CBX instead of my CBR1000RR because there was no way I was riding the CBR accross Kansas. lol

Ignore this member    Click here to visit ZX11_12's homepage. Click here to send ZX11_12 an AIM message. 
Connman

Zone Head
posted July 14, 2006 06:55 PM        
You're supposed to post up about a rally BEFORE the ride.
Where else you planning to ride while you're here?

Ignore this member   
maximus

Needs a job
posted July 14, 2006 10:13 PM        
nice ride i have done it before.
  Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted July 14, 2006 10:19 PM        
pretty
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted July 15, 2006 01:38 AM        
...I rode that road...back in 1979...on a roadbike...the pedaling kind ...the ride back down was spooky...the seat-tube and down-tube into the BB of my bike looked like it was going to bend themselves into a soft pretzel...slowing down helped some, but cooked the brake shoes ...anyway, beautiful ride and a beautiful view from the top

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
zx11_12

Expert Class
posted July 15, 2006 06:41 AM        
I'm out here at the Valkyrie Riders Cruisers Club rally, I didn't think you guys would be interested.
When I leave here, I'll be heading home through, NM, TX. OK, AR, TN, MS, AL, GA.. then through Cherohala, Deals Gap, Blue Ridge Parkway and then finally north on Rt 23 from Asheville, to Ashland Ky and home..

Ignore this member    Click here to visit ZX11_12's homepage. Click here to send ZX11_12 an AIM message. 
Connman

Zone Head
posted July 16, 2006 09:19 PM        
Hell I'll ride with cruisers as long as they're not of the "sportbikes suck" mentality.
One of my buds our here rides an Indian and a Hardley. I usually just get to where we're going, take a short nap, eat lunch, and read a book till he shows up!

Ignore this member   
Y2KZX12R

Needs a job
CompetitionCNC.com
posted July 17, 2006 10:22 AM        
Thats an awsome ride...

I lived in denver for 3 years while going to school there. We all (buddies from school) used to go up there and party at the lake by the gift shop. Drank a lot of beer, up there.
Nothing like sucking down a 12 pack and a joint at 14,000 feet. Cookoo....cookoo....

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Y2KZX12R's homepage. 
warbird

Needs a job
posted July 17, 2006 02:28 PM        
quote:
Thats an awsome ride...

I lived in denver for 3 years while going to school there. We all (buddies from school) used to go up there and party at the lake by the gift shop. Drank a lot of beer, up there.
Nothing like sucking down a 12 pack and a joint at 14,000 feet. Cookoo....cookoo....

Heh heh heh.................

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Riding in the sky NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2198760509491 seconds processing time