HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Exhaust systems Styles! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted June 14, 2006 10:43 AM        
Poll Question:
Exhaust systems Styles!

How many people still have stock, Slip on, or full systems>

Poll Results:
 3 votes (8%)
Stock

1 votes (3%)
Stock with Cat removed

2 votes (5%)
Stock with Modified Muffler and Cat removal

7 votes (18%)
Slip On Muffler

5 votes (13%)
Full System 4-1

15 votes (38%)
Full System 4-2-1

5 votes (13%)
Full System Sidewinder

2 votes (5%)
TURBO

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted June 14, 2006 11:50 AM        
My Main Goal is to see just how many people have a Slip On or Modified Stock Muffler. I am getting some questions about tuning for a Slip On and I do not know anyone that ever had one? (Including myself!)

Ignore this member   
rac4it

Needs a job
Bergie
posted June 14, 2006 12:57 PM        
I still have my stock exhaust, it's going back on the 1290 bike for a run at the production record at Maxton sometime this season.
  Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted June 14, 2006 02:06 PM        
quote:
I still have my stock exhaust, it's going back on the 1290 bike for a run at the production record at Maxton sometime this season.

I will mention you by name when I pray for you!

Ignore this member   
blitzkrieg

Needs a job
Road kill = Free lunch.
posted June 14, 2006 09:52 PM        
The stock exhaust is a pig.

Anybody that is serious about making the bike perform attacks the stock exhaust first. Full aftermarket - not a "modified" stock exhaust or slip-on.

This is a weird thread Vince.

Ignore this member   
kram

Expert Class
posted June 15, 2006 03:51 AM        
I have a 2 Bros slip-on with the cat removed. I wasn't after hp, I just wanted to lose the big ass OEM can.

Ignore this member   
countersteer

Needs a job
Didn't read the owners manual
posted June 15, 2006 05:46 AM        
quote:
The stock exhaust is a pig.

Anybody that is serious about making the bike perform attacks the stock exhaust first. Full aftermarket - not a "modified" stock exhaust or slip-on.

This is a weird thread Vince.

indeed

Ignore this member    Click here to visit countersteer's homepage. 
TRNorBRN6001

Needs a job
posted June 15, 2006 06:14 AM        
I have stock with just a slip on Muzzy Carbon Fiber. Bought the bike used
and it was on there. Just picked up a Muzzy 4 into 1 will be slipping it on with
current build.

Ignore this member   
rac4it

Needs a job
Bergie
posted June 15, 2006 06:27 AM        
The key to this is rules, more specifically rules in racing. Some LSR classes require stock exhaust, or stock diameter exhaust outlets. I think he's just collecting information.

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted June 15, 2006 07:00 AM        
quote:
The key to this is rules, more specifically rules in racing. Some LSR classes require stock exhaust, or stock diameter exhaust outlets. I think he's just collecting information.

Bergie, you have been around me too long! That is exactly what I am doing. We all have mapping for different Full systems and know the tweaks to perform. I am trying to find out what percentage of the members have a "Slip on" or Modified Stock exhaust to see what they did to tune it.

I have never seen a thread where someone spent time tuning a Slip On but want to know if there are enough to find out?

I remember back in the day how well some people got the stock muffler to work with all of the drilling etc

Ignore this member   
lou_zx12r

Expert Class
One Day at a Time
posted June 15, 2006 10:32 AM        
I had the stock exhaust without the cat. It worked fine for me and it did make it a bit crispier nothing more. I just installed a D&D race slip-on along with a pc3usb. It's definatly better than stock. The problem that I have is it runs rich. I'm working on tuning it a bit better. I'm not looking for the best settings just all around better settings. In viewing the map offered by powercommander it adds fuel mostly for this type of setup. I really don't need to add more. The map that I got when I bought the pipe was lean in several locations but the setup is a little different than mine.

And before anyone calls me cheap I'll be first to say it. I bought the slip-on originally for a little noise and a better crispier response. It does that just fine. I took it off because it ran way too rich. I got a great deal on a pc3usb ($160). and i would like to get it running better not perfect. I had originally asked vincent some questions about how to tune it or what areas to be aware of specifically. I hope it's not my doing that is causing vincent to spend time on this for. Anyway, I'm playing around with a couple variations of the stock map and the custom one i got. With a little luck I should have something that I can be happy with.

After all with gas prices the way they are I certainly don't want to run richer than necessary for nothing.

Ignore this member   
TRNorBRN6001

Needs a job
posted June 15, 2006 10:35 AM        
Mods on my bike were K&N Filter, Muzzy carbon fiber can only, PCIIIr
Made 172 HP and 14k miles on it. I still have a hard copy of the Dyno runs.
Give JC a call as he may have kept a lot of Dyno data on 12's. The intersting
thing if I remember correctly is the diameter of the stock down tubes and
the collector right before the can were the same size as the 4-1 Muzzy system.

Don't know exact rules for LSR classes, but extending the rev limit and tuning
for that would seem to give you some good gains.

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted June 15, 2006 12:00 PM        
Lou, there are at least 5 other people that have a set up like you do. Dr, Gary, maybe you could send Lou the map out of your bike which would sure ba a lot closer than anyone else has! "172" is not bad at all!!

Ignore this member   
TRNorBRN6001

Needs a job
posted June 15, 2006 02:23 PM        
JC has my bike right now, but I'll see if he can't flick it on a disc before he remaps
it. The map that is currently in it is for C16 and a little rich for a 70 shot that gave me
238HP. I did not save the old map, but JC might still have it. I might see him this
weekend, hard to say with his work schedule. Don't know if he has gotten a hold of ya
Mr. Hill, but he said he was going to give you a call.

Ignore this member   
lou_zx12r

Expert Class
One Day at a Time
posted June 16, 2006 03:38 AM        
trn, that would be great! thanks your your efforts.
Vincent thanks for starting this thread I'm sure it will be very helpfull to me
and I hope to others

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted June 16, 2006 06:11 AM        Edited By: VincentHill on 16 Jun 2006 07:13
Johnny Cheeseman is the Best period! Did he and his wife ever get things resolved so he could stay in Business??

I find it hard to believe that no one "NOW" has the Midified Muffler we all were making in 2000!!

Ignore this member   
Megabyte

Pro
posted June 16, 2006 07:23 AM        Edited By: Megabyte on 16 Jun 2006 08:24
For what it's worth. I've hesitated on posting this because everyone has their own story and take on this subject. This is mine, and the names and places haven't been changed to protect the guilty I have a full Akro on my 2k 12r. The shop that does my maps says "nothing" makes more power than an Akro, and he has literally 1000's of documented runs to prove it. People come from all over the NW to have him map their motor. BTW, before my 12 became a 1361, it never lost a dyno-shootout. Nothing, not muzzys Hindles g3, Yosh,...nothing ever beat it. When it was stock it only made 154 rwhp, so it wasn't just a hot engine. After the 1361 conversion, it made 212 rwhp still running a full Akro.. SWFT and George can verify these numbers If you want to follow up, here's the shops info:

George Dean's Seattle Cycle Service
21718 66th Ave W #204
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
Phone 425-778-4333

Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted June 16, 2006 07:30 AM        
Yep, Megabyte's bike has been runnin strong and proud for a long time now!
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2

Ignore this member   
TRNorBRN6001

Needs a job
posted June 16, 2006 08:06 AM        
CheeseMan, wife, and kids are doing very well. He has taken a sabbatical from bike
building. He has all his shop stuff and Dyno at his house. Still working hard doing
other stuff though.

I also went back and looked in old note book with dyno chart on it and it was 170.2HP
not 172HP.

Pre Cheese tune/PCIIIr 163.5HP, but big differance down low and then moderate from 5k to red line.

Ignore this member   
blitzkrieg

Needs a job
Road kill = Free lunch.
posted June 16, 2006 07:10 PM        
quote:
quote:

Bergie, you have been around me too long! That is exactly what I am doing. We all have mapping for different Full systems and know the tweaks to perform. I am trying to find out what percentage of the members have a "Slip on" or Modified Stock exhaust to see what they did to tune it.

I have never seen a thread where someone spent time tuning a Slip On but want to know if there are enough to find out?

I remember back in the day how well some people got the stock muffler to work with all of the drilling etc

The ultimate "Step Hindle" not quite cutting the mustard in your effort to join the 200 club Vince?

Ignore this member   
navpreet318

Expert Class
one crazy 12
posted June 16, 2006 08:40 PM        
lolz looks like i'm the only one with a modified stock can.....its only till i have the quid to spend on a full system....the day i get a 1000$ a full akra or something will be heading for my home.....

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted June 16, 2006 11:40 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

The ultimate "Step Hindle" not quite cutting the mustard in your effort to join the 200 club Vince?

The problem is not "Going 200" it is going WAAY More than that is the problem. I need 211 to join the 200 MPH Club but trying to build the bike to run about 220 to 230 (A range no Kawasaki NOS Bike has ever been at Maxton and only 2 non Turbo Bikes have. W

When I ran the 199+ it was on a 60 shot with the Step Hindle and "NO NOS BUTTON" I had broken it earlier in the day and could only use the 100% Switch which made making passes very difficult below 5th gear where I was trying not to use the NOS and lose bottle pressure (WHICH was happeneing every run!)

So nothing to do with the Pipe just NOS Set up and I am learning as fast as I can

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted June 19, 2006 12:42 PM        
If not for the looks, I think a lot of others would have the Modified Stock Can!

2 Turbo Bikes? YCIS and ?

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted June 21, 2006 06:51 AM        Edited By: VincentHill on 21 Jun 2006 07:52
quote:
If not for the looks, I think a lot of others would have the Modified Stock Can!

2 Turbo Bikes? YCIS and ?

"2"TUrbo Bikes? YCIS! DOug Ray?

Too Bad the system will not let you vote twice because I have 2 systems and could add to the Sidewinder!

Ignore this member   
TRNorBRN6001

Needs a job
posted June 21, 2006 10:56 AM        
Yep, I just recently picked up a Muzzy 4-1.
Good Luck at Maxton Mr. Hill. I'll pray for ya to be safe and that them
migrating cones and spontaneous pot holes stay away too.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Exhaust systems Styles! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21665811538696 seconds processing time