HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Hacking the Planet one ZX-12 ECU at a time. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
tuusinii

Pro
posted June 09, 2015 04:56 AM        
Yes. I also goed the route, to purchase second ECU to have on spare... I think that you should first try without PC3 and have the AFR checked on dyno to see if you need it. I'd assume that on the very top you would need some extra fuel because of freer flowing pipe (no db-killer). But I don't think the difference is very big so I would first try without. Shoot me an email to get my map zx12_aat_vehkacenter_com
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit tuusinii's homepage. 
mr_hollywood

Parking Attendant
posted December 22, 2015 05:34 AM        Edited By: mr_hollywood on 22 Dec 2015 13:35
ZX-12R B1/B2 bootloader

quote:
I've checked both the -1079 and -1089 and found the serial channel hardware is not populated.

Hey guys,

Can anyone get me a copy of the BE Flash (bootloader) code from one of these ECUs? You'll probably find the code at $90000-$907FF. I'd like to have a go at enabling the OBD port so the ecu can be flashed from the wiring harness...

mr_hollywood@cogeco.ca

PS: I've also created a checksum utility for these ECUs. You can find a copy here:
https://sites.google.com/site/mrhollywoodk3/home/other-16bit-ecus/kawasaki

Ignore this member    Click here to visit mr_hollywood's homepage. 
tspain7819

Parking Attendant
zx12r b1.
posted January 05, 2016 06:46 AM        
Hi Ridgeracer do you still reprogram the zx12r ecu? i need one done for my drag bike n i dont know how nor understand the prgramming lingo any help? thanks

Ignore this member   
mr_hollywood

Parking Attendant
posted January 31, 2016 07:58 AM        
ZX-12R B1/B2 checksum utility

Hi guys,

Here's a screenshot of the ZX-12R B1/B2 checksum utility:

Still looking for a dump of the BE Flash rom from one of the ECUs if anyone has it...

mr_hollywood@cogeco.ca

pittbull

Parking Attendant
posted July 24, 2016 07:36 PM        
quote:
As some of you may or may not know it has long been my dream to be able to just plug a laptop into a ZX-12r and remap the ECU. Step one of course is to figure out what is inside the mysterious black box that is the ZX-12R ECU, specifically what kind of CPU does it use.

Well we are one day closer to the promised land today thanks to Supra5677. He was able to obtain a couple of damaged ECUs and get them to me. Yesterday I cracked one open, something I've been wanting to do for years, and discovered what kind of CPU it uses. Not an easy task considering the ECU is potted with epoxy.

The bad news is the part is a proprietary Denso D151851-4410. If you google it you get zero, nada, zip. The good news is that a variant, the D151851-3830, is used in the Suburu WRX ECU and the WRX community has determined that it is actually a Motorola part private labeled by Denso. Also the D151851-0710 is used in RX-7 ECUs

Now all I have to do is uncover more of the board and determine which of the 100+ pins of the CPU go to what on the board and then compare that unique pinout with every CPU datasheet, starting with Motorola parts, until I find a match. (Yes I have too much time on my hands.)

BTW if any of you have any super internet search skills beyond those of us mere mortals and think you can find out more about the D151851-4410 than I did feel free to show off and share with the group.

The chewey center of a ZX-12 ECU

After 5 hours of attacking it with assorted dremel tool attachments...

BTW the shinny can near the edge is a 4 MHz crystal. Another clue.

And the winner is....

Ignore this member   
pittbull

Parking Attendant
posted July 24, 2016 07:59 PM        
hey Ridge Racer can you do my 2000 for ZX12R Ninja

quote:
The Zx-10, 14 are Mitsubishi ECUs while the ZX-12 and 6 are Denso.

The 04/05 zx-12 can be flashed thru the wire harness (no cutting) like its 32b Denso cousins in the Busa and GSXRs

The Mitsubishi is not in the public domain yet as far as I know.

Ignore this member   
pittbull

Parking Attendant
posted July 24, 2016 08:03 PM        
hey ridgeracer will you flash my ecu 2004 zx12r ??

quote:
As some of you may or may not know it has long been my dream to be able to just plug a laptop into a ZX-12r and remap the ECU. Step one of course is to figure out what is inside the mysterious black box that is the ZX-12R ECU, specifically what kind of CPU does it use.

Well we are one day closer to the promised land today thanks to Supra5677. He was able to obtain a couple of damaged ECUs and get them to me. Yesterday I cracked one open, something I've been wanting to do for years, and discovered what kind of CPU it uses. Not an easy task considering the ECU is potted with epoxy.

The bad news is the part is a proprietary Denso D151851-4410. If you google it you get zero, nada, zip. The good news is that a variant, the D151851-3830, is used in the Suburu WRX ECU and the WRX community has determined that it is actually a Motorola part private labeled by Denso. Also the D151851-0710 is used in RX-7 ECUs

Now all I have to do is uncover more of the board and determine which of the 100+ pins of the CPU go to what on the board and then compare that unique pinout with every CPU datasheet, starting with Motorola parts, until I find a match. (Yes I have too much time on my hands.)

BTW if any of you have any super internet search skills beyond those of us mere mortals and think you can find out more about the D151851-4410 than I did feel free to show off and share with the group.

The chewey center of a ZX-12 ECU

After 5 hours of attacking it with assorted dremel tool attachments...

BTW the shinny can near the edge is a 4 MHz crystal. Another clue.

And the winner is....

Ignore this member   
eddieddi

Parking Attendant
posted February 05, 2017 08:01 AM        
Hi,
Anyone maybe have the (old) software for the BDM interface to read/write ECU ?
There are so many old links in several forums, but no one is working...
I'm also looking for the "PROG16Z" software (is for P&E Micro BDM Interface)...

Thanks for your Help !

BR,
Harald

Ignore this member   
wby300

Novice Class
posted July 31, 2017 06:03 AM        
I had my ecu notched several years ago but am just now getting ready to tweak it. I have the 2001 so my tweaking will be limited. I have afr readinds in 14 to 15 range, ideal is 12.5 right? So do I lower or raise the numbers on the map?
  Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted July 31, 2017 03:15 PM        
I'd say 12,5 is little on the rich side. Especially for ligth throttle... Bigger numbers give you more fuel. What pipe do you have? Any other mods?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit tuusinii's homepage. 
wby300

Novice Class
posted September 07, 2017 10:30 PM        
I have the kleen removed and a full Muzzy race pipe with K&N air filter. I am goint to eventually make a set of velocity stacks ut those will probably be the only upgrades on this engine. Sorry for not getting back sooner, we dont have the internet anymore.
  Ignore this member   
mr_hollywood

Parking Attendant
posted September 27, 2017 05:04 AM        Edited By: mr_hollywood on 27 Sep 2017 13:17
ZX-12R 16bit OBD Flash tool

Hi gents,

It's been a while, but this week we successfully dumped a 2001 ZX-12R ECU (21175-1077) via OBD (K-Line) through the ECU connector (no notching). OBD also opens the door to reading and resetting the NVram (yoshbox settings), as well a running other custom programs on the ECU (assuming there are still some out there)...

Anyway, looks like this will be another case of having to test each ECU to see if it's OBD compatible. You can find more about it here:
https://sites.google.com/site/mrhollywoodk3/home/other-16bit-ecus/kawasaki

Here's a peek at the Flash tool GUI:

Cheers!!!

mr_hollywood@cogeco.ca

2000redrocket

Pro
posted September 28, 2017 07:44 AM        
hey just to say i had to lean out my zx12 from 1800 to 2600 in the density map.then ritchen it up at the 3000 area then lean it out the whole way to redline when wide open. the muzzy bleads more air out with less back pressure that is why most say they get 30 mpg with the muzzy.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 39 pages long: 1  -  <10  -  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Hacking the Planet one ZX-12 ECU at a time. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.27111196517944 seconds processing time