HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Hacking the Planet one ZX-12 ECU at a time. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Timewarp

Novice Class
posted March 03, 2013 06:36 PM        
This may have been ask before and answered somewhere in these 35 pages but has the 32 bit 2004/2005 ZX12R ECU been hacked like all the other 32 Bit Kawasaki ECU's on the 10R and 14's? Is it as simple as those to plug into the port and access?
  Ignore this member   
sami1

Parking Attendant
posted March 04, 2013 01:41 AM        
Yes those 32bit ecus are hacked as well.
  Ignore this member   
RidgeRacer

Pro
posted March 04, 2013 02:01 AM        
The Zx-10, 14 are Mitsubishi ECUs while the ZX-12 and 6 are Denso.

The 04/05 zx-12 can be flashed thru the wire harness (no cutting) like its 32b Denso cousins in the Busa and GSXRs

The Mitsubishi is not in the public domain yet as far as I know.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit RidgeRacer's homepage. 
Timewarp

Novice Class
posted March 06, 2013 03:16 AM        
Perfect! The 32 bit ECU is a lot better unit over the 16 bit in my opinion as far as smooth throttle response is concerned..
  Ignore this member   
2000redrocket

Pro
posted March 06, 2013 07:09 AM        
ridge did you get to figure a 04/05 one yet?
  Ignore this member   
smokeysevin

Novice Class
ZX12r-STX15f hybrid motor
posted March 06, 2013 09:03 AM        
If you could get the mitsubishi ones done then you can also run it on the 2003-2013 kawasaki stx four stroke jetskis (they all use a motor based on the zx12r. )

Sean

Ignore this member   
RidgeRacer

Pro
posted March 07, 2013 12:18 AM        
quote:
If you could get the mitsubishi ones done then you can also run it on the 2003-2013 kawasaki stx four stroke jetskis (they all use a motor based on the zx12r. )

Sean

Been there, done that. I can flash Ultra 250 and Ultra 260 as well as Yamaha Wave Runner FX-SHO 1800, GX1800, and GP1300. Its just that I 'sold out' and did them for money instead of putting them in the public domain as DIY projects.

smokeysevin

Novice Class
ZX12r-STX15f hybrid motor
posted March 07, 2013 12:34 AM        
Fair enough, man's gotta eat.

Sean

Ignore this member   
2000redrocket

Pro
posted May 18, 2013 07:15 AM        
ridge call me. my enginuity program will not see the map i select. it loads the map and i see nothing
  Ignore this member   
supra5677

Pro
posted May 18, 2013 12:38 PM        
To Red Rocket:

Is there anyway to turn off the alpha n map and just run off the speed density maps?

Ignore this member     
bubu782001

Parking Attendant
posted September 22, 2013 07:41 PM        
Hello everyone. I searching for prog16z software. I have an Renault Clip interface with bad firmware. Interface is based on MC68HC16Z1 cpu and 29F800BB flash. I really need that piece of software to repair this interface. If anyone need info about BDM port on this interface please feel free to ask.
  Ignore this member   
SMRacing

Parking Attendant
posted October 26, 2013 08:11 AM        
Can anyone update those download-links for "bluefordbox" circuit diagram and ECU-flash program and maps etc. ?

Best regards,
-SMRacing,
Finland

Ignore this member   
SMRacing

Parking Attendant
posted October 27, 2013 06:25 AM        
My bad. I need only "bluefordbox" circuit diagram, other things for ECU-modification be found here.
  Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted October 27, 2013 04:29 PM        
Moro!

Here is the information about "bluefordbox" or MAD:

http://www.ecuhacking.activeboard.com/t9326544/what-is-the-mad/

There is some other info as well but not very new as things have gone a little bit undercover lately. But the big thing is that in ZX12 you can't do much with the MAD - especially in '00 model. It has much less impact than in Suzukis. I'd say forget the MAD and just deal with the actual map. It gives you much more freedom to accomplish.

Toni

Ignore this member    Click here to visit tuusinii's homepage. 
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 31, 2013 06:12 AM        
Needing an 05 ECU done how can a man get in touch with Ridgeracer?

Ignore this member   
goberserk

Parking Attendant
posted November 08, 2013 12:46 AM        
Hey Everyone,

I'm heading down the road of programming my ECU. I've read through this entire thread and started to collect the necessary pieces. I found the links to Pysche's tools are no longer working. Can someone repost his ECU programmer and definitions?

Many thanks,
Jake

Ignore this member   
RidgeRacer

Pro
posted November 08, 2013 12:56 AM        
quote:
Needing an 05 ECU done how can a man get in touch with Ridgeracer?

I get an email every time someone posts in this thread....

What did you want done to it?

SMRacing

Parking Attendant
posted November 10, 2013 07:19 PM        
quote:
Moro!

Here is the information about "bluefordbox" or MAD:

http://www.ecuhacking.activeboard.com/t9326544/what-is-the-mad/

There is some other info as well but not very new as things have gone a little bit undercover lately. But the big thing is that in ZX12 you can't do much with the MAD - especially in '00 model. It has much less impact than in Suzukis. I'd say forget the MAD and just deal with the actual map. It gives you much more freedom to accomplish.

Toni

Thanks Toni!

My bike is 02/B1 model. I think that MAD is enough for me, because I have PC3 in my bike and problem-area is <12% throttle positions. In this area bike running terrible rich and PC3 can't adjust here. I try to adjust low rpm/throttle areas with MAD and other areas with PC3(which base to TPS-map).

Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted November 10, 2013 07:27 PM        
You get much better performance when actually changeing the map - not MAD. And also in the B-model there is that different ignition map in 1st gear you can't get rid off otherwise but hacking the map. I also noticed that richness in low positions and it's mostly in the MAP- map not in the TPS- map. Really hard to get rid of because the TPS map at the same time is lean. I mean hard to get rid if not going in to the maps. What pipe do you have? I have quite close map for Akra and Stock if interested...

SMRacing

Parking Attendant
posted November 10, 2013 07:54 PM        
OK.

Bike is almost stock(stock pipe with de-cat&devil bolt-on + k&n airfilter). Leaning with the MAD @ low positions and richen at same time TPS-values with PC3, not good idea but can it work? Lambda-value in my bike is @ low-positions about 0,80-0,85, caused by rich MAP-map(exactly as you said).

I have think that I'll try first with MAD+PC3 and if it not works -> need to change ECU MAPs. I'll not propably make bigger modifications(maybe full-exhaust) for my kawi's engine so it feels bit effortful to mod ECU and changing maps without experience for ECU-mods.

Ignore this member   
SMRacing

Parking Attendant
posted November 10, 2013 08:14 PM        
What sensor-type is 12r's MAP-sensor? If resistance-curve is linear, it can possibly work to leaning MAP-values: connecting resistor to MAP-sensor wiring. I think that this idea can be one choice, but last option in my case.
  Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted November 10, 2013 08:34 PM        
MAD changes according to TPS values and you don't have much fine tuning there. The IAP (sorry not MAP) can go full map range in about <10% TPS. And normally it was so that it was rich in low TPS position (say 3-4%TPS) and just a tad more (~5% TPS) it was lean and this was all in the IAP map... So no ways to trick it. and that's the reason you can't get it perfect with PC.

My stock map is for BMC:s and de-cat stock pipe. I've also made all the different cylinders equal. and removed the eccessive ignition advance at 3-4500RPM. But now when I think it it's not help to you as B-model has different kind of map values than A1.

SMRacing

Parking Attendant
posted November 10, 2013 11:12 PM        
Ok. I understand. Is it possible to change MAP(IAP)-values with resistor(which is connected in series)? My bike running rich all the way between 0-10% TPS-value. I think I'll try it, if there are at least bit of common sense. With AFR-indicator it's not problem to see how bike running in any rpm/tp -areas. If MAP-sensor are working below 12% throttle positions(low rpm's), there are no way damage engine if AFR is bit lean somewhere.

Bike running so rich at idle and between 2-10% throttle(where MAP-map take part to fuel adjustment) that it sounds like 2-stroke, has massive fuel consumption there and contaminates exhaust-part of engine.

Ignore this member   
2000redrocket

Pro
posted November 10, 2013 11:56 PM        
I had to lean out my bike on the density side a lot between 2200 to 2800 add a good bit around 3000 for riding. And then above 4000 rpms for easy riding also. Full throttle it seems lean area at 10000 rpms also.
  Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted November 11, 2013 03:57 AM        
Remember to always also set the TPS to stock setting. Wich is 1.087 V at 1000 RPM idle.
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 39 pages long: 1  -  <10  -  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Hacking the Planet one ZX-12 ECU at a time. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.44803595542908 seconds processing time