HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Hacking the Planet one ZX-12 ECU at a time. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
tuusinii

Pro
posted June 10, 2010 03:46 PM        
Yesterday played very little with the maps and changed my RPM limit to 2700RPM. Just to check that it really work! Didn't try like that but now can say that I run it to the limiter in my carage . Anyway after looking the maps for my friend B-model ('03) I was looking the ignition maps and as said there is a different map for first gear and other gears. But is that difference really to lower performance because it is an advance of timing compared to other gears? Is it because that way it ignites early and will burn better and make less pollution (to get easier trough EPA)? So question is those that have removed the first gear only map (or made it same as the orher gears): did it help with power or loose it? It also seems like the A1 model has a little bit conservative ignition map as the other gears in B-model. And also there are also quite high numbers in the middle of a A-model map - are these also to lower pollution? Have anyone tried to lower them some and maybe advance the whole map a little elsewhere?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit tuusinii's homepage. 
2000redrocket

Pro
posted June 11, 2010 12:42 AM        
copy the second gear map and paste it into the first gear map and the first gear lower power will be fixed.
  Ignore this member   
RidgeRacer

Pro
posted June 11, 2010 12:56 AM        
The first gear ignition map is there to restrict power so people don't grab a fist full of throttle and flip the bike over on top of themselves. People who have tried said it makes a noticeable difference, not necessarily in a good way.

BTW Congrats to you guys for bringing a freeware option of the ZX-12.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit RidgeRacer's homepage. 
2000redrocket

Pro
posted June 11, 2010 02:53 AM        
so what do i have to get all to do this? for my friend todd who i hacked a ecu for him to get his revs higher. are the new freeware defs in the rar file that you can download for all bikes or do i have to change numbers for mem locations from ridges deffs.?
  Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted June 11, 2010 08:31 PM        
Psyche has the definitions for his program for download...

But I run in to a problem (or atleast I think so):

I'm going to raise the RPM limiter to 12000RPM and also remove the retard in the uppermost column of ignition tables to the same as every other column before that. But I can't do it. It seems like the straight copy paste dosen't work because it can't write the same. Also the arrows for fine and coarse tuning don't do anything. I think that it is because of the scaling or does somebody have any other ideas why it won't let me write the right numbers. For example in Coil 1 Map A in 100% throttle 12000 RPM reads 32,5 and I would like to change it to 33,6 like the one over it. The arrows don't do anything and if I use the Set function it seems like it only works for integers: 34-> 33,9; 33->32,9. If I try 33,6 or anything in between it's always 32,9. Any ideas?

tuusinii

Pro
posted June 11, 2010 09:03 PM        
After playing a little noticed that it happens in the other maps too that have partial part on the map. I think that it's because here in Finland we use , as a separator and not . as in US. When changed the definition to read plain bytes (0-254) the adjustments work fine. Has somebody any ideas or maybe I'll just change the definition files to the "bytemode"...
tuusinii

Pro
posted June 11, 2010 09:09 PM        
Fixed it! It in deed had something to do with the local setting as I changed my windows localization to English(USA) everything worked! So if somebody over here in Europe runs in to the same problem that is the solution!
2000redrocket

Pro
posted June 12, 2010 12:32 AM        
what cable do i need to get? can you give me a part number to order or describe it other than a bdm cable?
  Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted June 12, 2010 12:50 AM        
There may be some differences but this seems like I have Ebay #360267067466. Before You start change the LPT port to Normal/One directional or SPP. Look trough the files before You erase them. There was some problems with some computers... The schema that psychegr send on TLforum side (there is link couple page back) also works and is really easy to do.
2000redrocket

Pro
posted June 12, 2010 03:30 AM        
ok there is a problem with that one for me. we do not have old parallel ports. most went to usb. guess a usb to parallel adapter is needed.
  Ignore this member   
2000redrocket

Pro
posted June 12, 2010 03:36 AM        
i found some on ebay cheep. i bet 10 bucks for usb adapter at the most.
so can you explane the program used for flashing and which program it is
(give every one a link to the flashing program that uses the cable) and the pin out for the cable to the ecu wireing in one post to make it easy to find.

Ignore this member   
2000redrocket

Pro
posted June 12, 2010 03:40 AM        
o and a link to a rar program.
  Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted June 12, 2010 03:40 AM        
Don´t buy those usb to paraller adapters. Because they are probably just printer adapters and don´t offer real Paraller port. At least the ones I´ve seen when I was looking for a one couple years ago. You need a real paraller port
psychegr

Parking Attendant
posted June 12, 2010 03:45 AM        
I have to agree with tuusinii. You need a real parallel port with an address 0x378h. I designed the program to work just like motorola stated but i am working on a USB version of it. When i will have it ready you will surely know.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit psychegr's homepage. 
tuusinii

Pro
posted June 12, 2010 03:46 AM        
Link to a .rar program:
http://www.7-zip.org/
Pinout comes with the adapter and the pinout for the ECU can be found here:
http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBID=99460&p=3&topicID=14007090
But check the pinout at the adapter!

psychegr

Parking Attendant
posted June 12, 2010 04:00 AM        
After so many beers tuusinii became an expert! Hahahahahaha! Welcome to the club!
2000redrocket

Pro
posted June 12, 2010 04:06 AM        
so people need a pcmcia to parallel adapter currently?
it looks like they are about 25 shipped in the usa on ebay. not real bad i guess .
only two of the parallel bdm cables showed up on ebay. it may get hectic for getting one
later on.
i want to get set up to do this to give to the guy i hacked his ecu for more rpms.
thanks for doing this for everyone else.

Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted June 12, 2010 04:16 AM        
Yeah beer helps! And don't write so many questions, I can't drink while typing answers...
sami1

Parking Attendant
posted June 14, 2010 05:29 PM        Edited By: sami1 on 15 Jun 2010 07:30
I will send more beer if it helps extend this also to '04 -> twelwes!
  Ignore this member   
psychegr

Parking Attendant
posted June 15, 2010 07:56 AM        
Send the beer to me and i will see what i can do!!! I am also waiting for news from a Hayabusa beta tester! It is time to give those 16bit ECUs more attention than before.!!!!!
tuusinii

Pro
posted June 16, 2010 09:42 PM        
Hola from Costa del Sol!

I remember RR finding out that the later 04- ZX12 used the 32 bit version like busas and can be written without using the BDM port. Of course You'll need the actual data before You can write it back and that can be done only trough the BDM. Then it still needs to be deassebled to know what is where... RR had started the project but as 12 is getting older and older maybe there wasn't big enough interest in it. Also as it uses different ECU the code is much different to the Denso ECU so You have to start everything from the scratch. Allthough the Busa thing could be much of help... Maybe RR could give ansver has he done anything to the project?

2000redrocket

Pro
posted June 17, 2010 09:02 AM        
i think he got a 04 or 05 to take apart for science. i think it is on his list of things to do.
  Ignore this member   
wby300

Novice Class
posted July 05, 2010 04:29 AM        
Well I got the wego 3 hooked up to the 12 but I am not getting ANY rpm signal, I hooked up to the light blue wire just out side the instrument cluster, top left wire when looking at the back of the cluster. I am at a loss, I thaught maybe I wasnt getting a good connection but after redoing it, still nothing? What am I doing wrong?
  Ignore this member   
PetriK

Parking Attendant
posted July 05, 2010 04:46 AM        

I would like to say that special thanks for RR setting up this topic and motivating us to go throught both the pain and pleasure for getting into ecu tuning. Last week was special moment, first brain transfer to a kawi was completed - the video should tell more than words, but do note that on this bike no add on boxes: all mapping, quick shifter and nitrous controller are all done by using a stock ecu which was borrowed from a stock k8 buza. Still have some issues, bug gradually getting there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkEf8u24mOQ

Ignore this member   
2000redrocket

Pro
posted July 05, 2010 05:02 AM        
well done guys.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 39 pages long: 1  -  <10  -  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  -  39   Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Hacking the Planet one ZX-12 ECU at a time. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.43391990661621 seconds processing time