HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Hacking the Planet one ZX-12 ECU at a time. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
2000redrocket

Pro
posted October 20, 2009 01:02 PM        
i am not understanding completly. so your app converts bin to .s19 then cause romrader/enginuity uses .bin so i can see one not needing to go from .s19 to bin but need to go from .bin to .s19 for sure.
  Ignore this member   
psychegr

Parking Attendant
posted October 20, 2009 08:59 PM        
Nope. Yuo don't need to do any convertion. My app saves the file to bin format. Then you open the same file with RomRaider, do the mods and save it. Then open the moded bin file with my app, press "Erase Ecu" and then "Write Ecu" and you are ready to go!
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit psychegr's homepage. 
tuusinii

Pro
posted January 04, 2010 04:58 PM        
Got my self a little Xmas present from Ebay and went forward with this flashing thing! So picked spare ´00 ECU for 150$ from Germany and Yesterday slotted the ECU to gain access to the BDM port. Used my Dremel with milling tool for the plastic shield and most part for the chewy center. Finished it with nylon brush for dremel! And this was the biggest supprise as I tought that You need brass brushes but they would be too hard or You really have to be careful. The nylon work better and keeps the PCB intact. Only problem was that I melted the first brush being too anxious After that kept the Dremel RPMs low and take my time. Here are couple of pictures:

The BDM port wasn't exactly where the instructions said but the misalignement wasn't big, mayby 5mm closer to the border and also right. So the front opening is a little bit bigger than nessesary but nothing big. Now I have to solder the connector and try how psyghegr's program works so maybe we can safe big $$$ by not having to buy the P&E BDM reader... Don't have much time this week but maybe next week You'll here more!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit tuusinii's homepage. 
tuusinii

Pro
posted January 07, 2010 08:35 PM        
Hello the work is in progress!!!

I'm inches of this thing working with cheap alternative to P&E solution! Yesterday soldered the connector to my ECU and made the power wires to power the ECU during flashing. Used one of my offices addjustable power supplys (own portable is in the works...) Anyway connected everything together and tried to read the memore with psyches program and - IT WORKED! Of course it is still programmed to work with TL 1000 so I didn't get the whole memory map (TL uses only 2 banks, or 1,5...) Anyway this thing is advancing...

2000redrocket

Pro
posted January 07, 2010 11:55 PM        
kool, keep us posted.
  Ignore this member   
RidgeRacer

Pro
posted January 08, 2010 12:51 AM        
Sounds like your making real progress.

BTW, all the maps on the zx12 are in the first bank so if all you can do is read and write the 1st one that is good enough to flash it. There is no need to change the other two banks and we have already read them out.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit RidgeRacer's homepage. 
2000redrocket

Pro
posted January 08, 2010 01:36 AM        
hi ridge, how are things on the other side? we are getting winter over here. 240 mi on new snowmobile sofar.
this new way to flash sounds promising. tshults and the others will be happy. except for those who bought the box anyway.

Ignore this member   
RidgeRacer

Pro
posted January 08, 2010 01:45 AM        
We've only had a dusting of snow all winter and today will be an unseasonable 47. Also it looks like I will be able to get into the newer zx-10, zx-14 ECUs now. I'll know for sure on Monday.

2000redrocket

Pro
posted January 08, 2010 02:04 AM        
way cool. c14s yet?
  Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted January 08, 2010 04:08 AM        
Hello!

Yes just wrote with psyche that he has about 30 min of work to program with me testing at the same time, so maybe next week we have working copy. RR I have one question about the different years ECUs. I looked trough RomRaider the different rom images and hoped find the differences in altitude maps as I have the '00 model. In my original one I changed the ECU to the HIGH-ALTITUDE ECU (-1068) because the engine didn't run well on high altitudes. It was one of those recalls that could be get trough asking. Anyway because it was only avaivable to the first generation the later ones probably had it from start. Unfortunately the maps that are awaivable from the ECU hacking site dosen't have RomRaider definition for the air pressure sensors. So if You have some spare time could You look at the later pressure maps so I could take advantage of them in my '00 ECU I'm flashing. That is of course if the difference is only in the map and not in the code itself.

Toni

RidgeRacer

Pro
posted January 10, 2010 01:52 AM        
What I would really need is the binary files from the -1068 so I could compare them to the -1069

psychegr

Parking Attendant
posted January 10, 2010 07:17 AM        
Ridge if you can send me please the files of the control registers that you use in order to reprogram the ecu. I need them in order to add support for the zx12. Also if you have any of the Hayabusa send them too.

Cheers

psychegr

Parking Attendant
posted January 10, 2010 07:18 AM        
Ridge if you can send me please the files of the control registers that you use in order to reprogram the ecu. I need them in order to add support for the zx12. Also if you have any of the Hayabusa send them too.

Cheers

RidgeRacer

Pro
posted January 10, 2010 08:24 AM        
Here are a couple of examples of the control files I use in motorola s19 format.

Busas and 12s are basically the same...

Flash Block 1 set to addr 0x0001 0000
Flash Block 2 set to addr 0x0000 0000
Flash Block 3 set to addr 0x0000 8000

Control files

psychegr

Parking Attendant
posted January 10, 2010 09:27 AM        
Thanks Ridge.

ZX12 and Busa support is on its way!

psychegr

Parking Attendant
posted January 10, 2010 09:52 AM        
By the way how many kBs is the Flash Block at $10000 ???
The Flash Block 3 is from $8000 to $FFFF ???
Probably the 1st block is the firmware and the rest are map data.

Which one of these contain the map data and which the firmware?
I have to figure out how to erase and program 2 blocks at a time!

RidgeRacer

Pro
posted January 10, 2010 10:38 AM        
All blocks are 32k

$0000 - FFFF is firmware (blocks 2 & 3)
$10000 - 17FFF is map data (block 1)

With the Prog16z software to reflash the entire ECU requires erasing and writing each of the 3 blocks separately.

tuusinii

Pro
posted January 10, 2010 09:25 PM        
Good thing You asked it from RR because now I'll think You can do the programming and all I have to do is test the working copy. Psychegr, I think that all You have to add to the program is two different blocks for firmware (now there is 'Map data' and 'Firmware'. Just make them 'Firmware 2' and 'Firmware 3'. I think it easier that way than trying to flash the two at the same time. It is also a good thing that You got the information from RR as I'm now on bed (diarrhea last night - emptyet my stomach the 'bad' way... And now I'm also quite hot (38.0C, 100.4F)) But maybe tomorrow evening or on wednesday I have time at the evening so I can chat with You and we can try this out.

Toni

PS Psyche and RR I know You both have Paypal account floating around here and I plan on giving my share to You because this work You have done has been very good and hasn't come free to You!

tuusinii

Pro
posted January 10, 2010 09:51 PM        
At the ECU hacking forum I also found this (basically the same information)

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBID=99460&p=3&topicID=14607570

psychegr

Parking Attendant
posted January 17, 2010 02:35 AM        
The "Reading" process is ready. Now i need to do the erase and write procedures!
tuusinii

Pro
posted January 17, 2010 04:27 AM        
Hello!

Good to hear! Any change You could send it to me today so I could test it? I've looked MSN but haven't seen You around. I'll leave tomorrow morning for a holiday to Finnish Lapland for skiing so won't be here to test it before 25th January...

supra5677

Pro
posted January 24, 2010 12:56 AM        
Are our bikes screwd up? If you look at the ram air correction map in the a2 and b model zx12r's the numbers only go up to 255. If you look at the a1 models the numbers go to 151. It appears that the a2 and b1 versions should have the numbers doubled. For example the 255 number should be 302 if we follow the a1 matrix.

Is anyone tuning via the ram air correction map? Are the bikes getting enough fuel on the top end?

supra

Ignore this member     
tuusinii

Pro
posted January 24, 2010 01:36 AM        
I remember RR noting this somewhere in this thread or maybe it was some other. But anyway they changed the formula so that it required 2 times bigger values but forget that the numbers are only 8 bits so 255 is biggest number you can use... Somebody didn't do their homework!
supra5677

Pro
posted January 24, 2010 01:37 AM        
correct. I think its on page 16. How do we fix that? Is there anyway to re write the definition?
  Ignore this member     
supra5677

Pro
posted January 24, 2010 01:38 AM        
I downloaded the rom raider software. How do I access the maps?
  Ignore this member     
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 39 pages long: 1  -  <10  -  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  -  39   Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Hacking the Planet one ZX-12 ECU at a time. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.38986587524414 seconds processing time