HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: ..supporting bikeland's sponsors... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted May 06, 2005 01:48 AM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 6 May 2005 09:27
..supporting Bikeland's sponsors...

Just have to pause and say that this site costs money to run, and it wouldn't exist without our sponsors' support. It's important to us that you mention to them that you've seen their ads or heard about their products on this site....

We know that not everyone buys something from a company like Muzzys or Orient online directly through a link from this site ... Most members might read about something here or on another site and take a few months to make a purchasing decision... They may order it online, or simply call their local dealer and have the part(s) brought in....

Please take the time to mention us if you do buy something from them, directly or indirectly.

Also another note... Our sponsors often offer special deals to our membership... A good example is Cox Racing, or the Euro turnsignals for the 10R through Muzzys. Most Members know about Muzzys special, but they havent taken advantage of it... (strange as you'd be getting the lowest price anywhere for the signals... and it's only avaiable to members of this site) ..

A little something I was thinking about...

-thanks.

(Topic is active in all forums)

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
phingersniffer

Expert Class
posted May 06, 2005 09:49 AM        
I contribute nothing to this site.

I block all the ads.

I copy all your information daily and run a web site offshore called bokeland.com

Currently have 2500 members and it pays my mortage.

You should check it out some time. Keep up the good work

Ignore this member   
Nukedog

Expert Class
posted May 06, 2005 10:35 AM        
Must be a Canadian..

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted May 07, 2005 11:41 PM        
It makes a difference when we buy through the LINK??

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted May 08, 2005 03:37 AM        Edited By: Editor on 8 May 2005 11:15
Vincent, since we do not employ any spyware or tracking software on this site (unlike others you may visit), sponsors must track purchases and visits through referring links themselves (on their end). If you log into Muzzy's website from this one, then they know that. It's almost the only tangible way they know that their ad is working. They cant track "word of mouth" or "months of discussion" on a website unless someone (ie: the purchaser) mentions it...

And who knows.. in many cases there are special discounts for Bikeland members... if you dont tell them then they wont know, and you could be paying more for no reason.

Membership to this site has its privileges.

k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted May 08, 2005 08:40 AM        
Excellent points. We offer very significant discounts to customers mentioning they are Bikeland members, and they saw the ad/linked in from the Bikeland site.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
beansbaxter

Needs a life
posted May 08, 2005 09:03 AM        Edited By: beansbaxter on 8 May 2005 16:07
Dang, I dont know how much stuff I've ordered from Muzzys over the years I've had my 12, never mentioned it, mainly cause I didnt know any discount would ever come from it.

I got free shipping from Spencer's Cycle back when they were a sponsor.

ummm kbryant...may I have a shirt please?

btw...the link from the jardine banner is dead!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
zxfingyz

Expert Class
posted May 09, 2005 01:41 AM        
I trust even the most internet challenged at any of those companies you mentioned realize the benefits of being affiliated with a site like this. C'mon, I wouldn't even know half what I do about Muzzy's if it wasn't for this site and I am sure I am not alone. I don't currently have the cash for all the stuff I want to buy from them but bet when I do I buy it from Muzzys. This site has provided me more info and more benefit by educating me and refering me to quality venodors than I can say. That said, I wasn't to clear on who was who or how they could help me when I first showed up. Is there a list of sponsors on the site somewhere? What if it was "sticky" up at the top of the forums? Who is going to mind the site supporting itself like that? No one.
  Ignore this member   
TedG

posted May 09, 2005 01:49 AM        
I block popups, so if I am to look at a sponsors page it needs to be available elsewhere. That being said, when I do look I may not buy that very minute, I like to think about what I am getting. Then later buy it after looking for a good price.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted May 09, 2005 02:00 AM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 9 May 2005 09:01
First off, we do have a "Sponsor's Page"... you can get to it through our homepage... however this question makes me wonder how many members visit the homepage of the site, which has many other features including a News section as well.

Ted... we don't employ "pop-ups" on this site, except for the IM feature... if you have pop-ups blocked then simply unblock them (or allow them) for this site. This will allow you to use the IM feature and see "Who's online"...

Popups being blocked have no effect on seeing the banner ads.

Thanks for your feedback.. keep it coming!

VincentHill

Needs a life
posted May 09, 2005 04:17 AM        
Good to Know FIsh! I will go that way next time because it really makes no difference to me so long at I get to the people I plan to order from. I wish I had known this a LOT earlier!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: ..supporting bikeland\'s sponsors... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24776887893677 seconds processing time