HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Brock Hindle Exhaust NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Megabyte

Pro
posted July 01, 2004 02:57 PM        
Brock Hindle Exhaust

Anybody know where I can buy a Brock Hindle Exhaust for my 2k zx-12r ?

Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted July 01, 2004 03:22 PM        
I think Vincent has a Tye Hindle? Are they related?
  Ignore this member   
canadamaxxer

Pro
posted July 01, 2004 04:14 PM        
This may seem overly simple, but have you tried Brock Davidson's website?
http://stores.skipjack.com/brockracing/Detail.bok?no=1

I have the Ti Hindle (not brock's version) and I love it. Apparently the big difference between the two is a small piece of rectangular steel welded into the collectors of the Hindle and not in the Brock version. The absense of the collector plate is apparently worth 2 mph in the 1/4 mile, but I have no proof of that. The cost difference is not worth it in my opinion. Buy the race Hindle pipe with a 20" Ti can from Spencercycle and you will be good to go......all for about $750 USD.

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted July 01, 2004 06:06 PM        
I also thought that was the "only" difference and Brock himself let me know that the muffler has a 2.25 outlet that the Step Hindle does not have also

Ignore this member   
canadamaxxer

Pro
posted July 01, 2004 07:11 PM        
Vince,

Do you really think that diameter difference makes a real world difference?

Ignore this member   
BA

Pro
posted July 01, 2004 08:32 PM        
canadamaxxer,
I think I am allowed to tell you that I can guarantee the 2mph difference. I have the spreadsheet of timeslips and tested it with Brock. The splitters make a big difference, I cannot speak towards the 2.25" outlet though.

I do not like that step Hindle.

Orient Express or Schnitz Racing might sell the pipe too, but you might as well get it from Brock's shop. www.brockracing.com

Ignore this member   
canadamaxxer

Pro
posted July 02, 2004 04:42 AM        
Maybe I'm being cheap, but that $150-$200 USD difference between the Brock Hindle and the OEM Hindle for 2mph difference seems to me to be not worth it (and I can still grind out those splitters). Maybe it's the luxury of having over 200HP available at the twist of my wrist......I'll take that $200 and invest it (and some more cash) in a wet N2O kit.....I think that will make up for the 2MPH difference.
  Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted July 02, 2004 04:43 AM        
"I do not like that step Hindle. "

If not for the step Hindle, there would be no Brock Street Smart! Other than the end of the muffler and the splitter plate (which you can cut out of the step) no difference.

Ignore this member   
BA

Pro
posted July 02, 2004 07:51 AM        
Bah! I'd bet that even without the relationship between Brock and Lang, he would have made one. He would have just used another pipe as a starting point!

If it's killing 2mph in only 1/4 of a mile at around 148mph, which is significant in racing, then how much is it hurting on a 200mph run at Maxton, or with N20 which generates even more exhaust?? Sure the nitrous overcomes it, but, the potential is limited. I can't live with that.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Brock Hindle Exhaust NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24532103538513 seconds processing time