HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Silver 12 on the Chicago Skyway NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
zxfingyz

Expert Class
posted June 17, 2004 06:34 AM        
Silver 12 on the Chicago Skyway

Hey was that you on the Chicago Skyway with the silver 12 and the soft touring bags? Look like a nice long ride taking place!

Ignore this member   
bigju

Expert Class
posted June 17, 2004 02:54 PM        
ZX I didn't know you were in chicago, we should hook up with Bart, I wanna see his new bike
  Ignore this member   
zxfingyz

Expert Class
posted June 18, 2004 07:08 AM        
Yea man! Downtown Chicago by day, Northwest Indiana by night. I almost drove the beast down this morning but was running way too late to be safe. The 12 cuts down the commute real nice but takes years of my life with all these Illinois drivers on the road here in Illinois.
I don't know why, maybe this board has done it to me, but I want to say hello to everyone I see on a 12. Where you at? If you are willing to put up with my slow very non-agressive riding we can hook up anytime.

Ignore this member   
jhinderliter

Zone Head
Hacksaw
posted June 19, 2004 02:05 AM        
maybee we should do a midwest ride this fall...im in the peoria area...anyone got any ideas?

Ignore this member   
floyd

Novice Class
posted June 19, 2004 04:33 AM        
let me know if a midwest ride is gonna happen I am near South Bend,Indiana
  Ignore this member   
bigju

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2004 06:16 PM        
That would work!! I know Bart is just out side of the city, I think him and the guys he ride with would be intrested
  Ignore this member   
WrenisPinkle

Expert Class
that's Mr. PINKLE to you
posted June 20, 2004 01:40 PM        Edited By: WrenisPinkle on 20 Jun 2004 14:40
I got a great idea!

I live in Indy and so does Wildman. We could make a short road trip with a little notice? Hey what about meeting in Roselawn Indiana ( about 1 hour south of Chicago) on the third Sunday of July? or the third Sunday of August? They have a real nice festival there then!!! Maybe even meeting up on Saturday and doing a ride and then the um festival on Sunday?
Ted

Ignore this member   
widowmaker

Expert Class
posted June 20, 2004 04:11 PM        
yes we should get together I have a few friends that would come I live about 1/2 hr from chicago.The fourth is a good time to ride their when they
have the air and water show the airforce jets are pretty cool.
The best time to ride chicago is a little after midnight when u have all the 8 lane highway's to your self.
now thats a blast.

Ignore this member   
zxfingyz

Expert Class
posted June 21, 2004 07:13 AM        
Nice festival! That was funny. You are right it is nice. Seen pictures but never been. You should tell these guys what nice festival really means.
Any 12 riders anywhere anytime is how I feel about it. You indy guys can pick me up on the way up I-65 at the crown point exit or I can meet you at the nice festival! Freaking flat land and highways up here so I suppose there would have to be a destination in mind. How many bikes could we get in one place? Sounds like at least 5-15 right now eh?

Ignore this member   
MadMike

FEAR THE BLACK FLAG!!!!!!!!
posted June 21, 2004 10:28 AM        
You guys should come over to Rockford IL, for the Byron Dragway, Hardcore races!! it is a blast!
here is the scedule
July 24-25th
August 7-8th
Sept 18-19th
and there is another in the end of August, but they are not sure of the date!
the July 24th race they are having a free!! Hog Roast!
Oh I live over in Des Moines, but go over to the city 5-10 times a year!, my pops lives just south of Joliet, and alot of my family lives in the city still.
Mad Mike

Ignore this member    Click here to visit MadMike's homepage. 
ballisticzx12r

Zone Head
& Deals Gap Board Member
posted June 21, 2004 03:01 PM        
BigJu,
I would like to hook with my favorate 50.
Bart

Ignore this member    Click here to visit BallisticZX12R's homepage. 
widowmaker

Expert Class
posted June 21, 2004 04:40 PM        
MadMike you run at byron I want to try it, do you ride the bike their?
let me know next time you go hopefully my bike will be ready I am waiting for new rims and tires and a couple of other things and I need to break the thing in also well not really 30miles is enough.

Ignore this member   
zxfingyz

Expert Class
posted June 22, 2004 10:50 AM        
July 24 sounds about right. Pig that becomes pork? Sounds even better.
Chicago to Rockford? How long that gonna take? Any lodging by the track?

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Silver 12 on the Chicago Skyway NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.26983094215393 seconds processing time